2015 Election – The Independent National Electoral Commission has extended the deadline for the collection of the Permanent Voter’s Card to March 8, after the postponement of the 2015 general election.
The Secretary to the Commission, Mrs Augusta Ogakwu said in her statement that the extension was in line with the new development about the 2015 general election, following the reasons listed by INEC. Meanwhile some of the reasons listed by INEC over the postponement of the 2015 election are as follows:
- Non-guarantee of the security
- Training manual not ready
- 700,000 ad hoc staff not registered
- Many states yet to get balance of Card Readers
- Printers for Register still in Abuja
- No full complement of ballot boxes
- Presiding officers yet to be trained
- RECs yet to print Voter Register
The Commission expresses hope that the extension will finally avail every registered voter, yet to collect his/her PVC, the opportunity to do so in readiness for the general elections and also resolve all some of the problems facing INCE concerning the 2015 Election.
INCE now rescheduled the Presidential and National Assembly elections from Feb. 14 to March 28, and Governorship and state Houses of Assembly polls from Feb. 28 to April 11.
What Others Are Reading