UNIZIK Postgraduate Admission – Nnamdi Azikiwe University (UNIZIK) management invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for full-time and part-time admissions into the postgraduate courses offered by the institution for the 2015/2016 Academic Session.
Graduates that wish to further their studies are hereby informed to apply for UNIZIK Postgraduate Admission Form that is now on sale.
Candidates that want to apply for any Postgraduate programmes must have a minimum of 5 credits including English Language and any four relevant subjects at one or two sittings in addition to other Departmental/Faculty and General University Requirements.
POSTGRADUATE DIPLOMA PROGRAMMES:
1. Graduates from approved University who hold first degree classification with a FCGPA of 2.50 and above on a 5 point scale.
2. Candidates from approved Polytechnic, Monotechnics, and who hold a Higher National Diploma with a minimum of Upper Credit.
MASTERS DEGREE PROGRAMMES:
1. Graduates from approved Universities who have obtained the appropriate degree with minimum FCGPA of 3.00 on a 5 point scale or a minimum of 60% for universities who do not use Final Cumulative Grade Point Average, in the proposed field of study.
2. Holders of Postgraduate Diploma from recognized institutions with an FCGPA of 3.0 and above (on a 5 point scale). A good first degree will be an advantage.
DOCTOR OF PHILOSOPHY PROGRAMMES
1 Graduates from approved universities who obtained Masters degree in the proposed field of study.
2 A candidate seeking admission into Ph.D. programmes from campus portal the Masters programme would be required to have obtained a minimum FCGPA of 3.50 except for Sciences and Education where minimum FCGPA is 4.00 and above on a 5 point scale or a minimum of 60% for universities who do not use the Final Cumulative Grade Point Average, in the proposed field of study.
How To Apply
To apply for the UNIZIK Postgraduate Programme, follow the instruction below:
1. Application form should be completed on-line by login onto my.unizik.edu.ng/postgraduate/ on payment of N10,000.00 only in any of the Branches of the of the following banks:
Access Bank, First Bank, Diamond Bank, Enterprise Bank, Fidelity Bank, GTBank, UBA, and Zenith Bank.
2. Applicants are advised to obtain information on Departmental requirements and areas of specialization from the website my.unizik.edu.ng/postgraduate
3. Fill and submit online the completed Application from, scanning and attaching the claimed certificates, including O’ level certificates, evidence of change of name, birth certificate, teller and confirmation order from the bank of purchase.
4. Print the completed Application Form for your personal use. You will require this document in the course of the admission and registration.
5. Download and print a copy of the Transcript Request Form. The Transcript Request Form should be sent to your former institution for your academic transcripts. Any change of name should be indicated on the transcript form.
6. Applicants should include the names and e-mail addresses of three Referees. At least two of the referees must be Academics not lower than rank of a Senior Lecturer.
Ph.D. applicants are expected to submit online a proposal of not more than five type written pages that should include:
a. Topic (not more than 18 words)
b. Brief background of the Study
c. Aims and Objectives/Purpose
e. Expected Outcomes
Transcript should be forwarded to the Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies not later than 7th September, 2015.
Qualified Applicants will be invited for screening test on 16th September, 2015.
Ph.D. Applicants shall also undertake oral defense of their written proposal on 17th September, 2015.