6 Bills Signed into Law – President Goodluck Jonathan, yesterday, signed into law six bills recently passed by the National Assembly.
The Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, Reuben Abati, confirming the development, yesterday, said it was to ensure that as much as possible, all government businesses were concluded.
6 Bills Signed into Law by President Goodluck Jonathan
Bills that were signed into Law by President Goodluck Jonathan with just 48 hours to the end of his administration include:
1. The Tobacco Control Bill 2015.
2. The Nigerian Electricity Management Services Agency Act 2015
3. Equipment and Leasing Bill 2015
4. AMCON (Amendment) Bill 2015
5. Standards Organisation of Nigeria Bill 2015
6. The National Sugar Development (Amendment) Bill 2015
The Tobacco Control Act 2015 repeals the Tobacco Smoking (Control) Act, CAP.T6, LFN 2004 enacted in 1990 and amended years later. The president’s tenure is due to end midnight of May 28,2015.
What Others Are Reading