The Nigerian President Muhammadu Buhari and Osinbajo, have made their assets known to the public. According to the statement by the Senior Special Adviser on Media and Publicity to the President, Mr Garba Shehu said that prior to being sworn in on May 29, President Buhari and his vice Osinbajo, had the followings:
President Buhari’s Assets
1. N30 million to his name
2. only one bank account, with the Union Bank
3. 5 homes, and two mud houses in Daura
4. 2 undeveloped plots of land, one in Kano and the other in Port Harcourt.
5. Own Farms, an orchard and a ranch. (Meanwhile, the total number of his holdings in the farm includes 270 heads of cattle, 25 sheep, five horses, a variety of birds and a number of economic trees)
6. President Buhari “had shares in Berger Paints, Union Bank and Skye Bank”.
Also, the president uses a number of cars, two of which he bought from his savings and the others supplied to him by the federal government in his power as the former head of state. The rest were donated to him by well-wishers after his jeep was spoiled in a Boko Haram bomb attack on his convoy in July 2014.
Breaking News: Nigerian President and His Vice Osinbajo, Declare Assets
Vice President Osinbajo’s Assets
1. A bank balance of about N94 million and 900,000 United States Dollars in his bank accounts.
2. 4-bedroom residence at Victoria Garden City, Lagos and a 3-bedroom flat at 2 Mosley Road, Ikoyi; 2-bedroom flat at Redemption Camp along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway and a 2-bedroom mortgaged property in Bedford, England.
3. A law firm, known as SimmonsCooper;
4. Share holding in six private companies based in Lagos, which include Octogenerium Ltd., Windsor Grant Ltd., Tarapolsa, Vistorion Ltd., Aviva Ltd. and MTN Nigeria.
5. One Infinity 4-Wheel Drive SUV, one Mercedes Benz and a Prado Jeep.