How To Save Water Damaged Book
It is not impossible for you to be caught in the rain when you have your backpack with your books in it. It is also not impossible for you to spill water on your book. Whenever this happens that book always gets soggy and it can be very devastating especially if you have a lot of essential stuff written in the book.
But there are ways in which you can save the book and all the contents. You can also quickly get the book back into reading shape. On this page, we have listed things to do in order for you to save water damaged book. By doing this, you will be able to restore and recover the water damaged books.
To do this just follow the steps that have been listed below;
- Get a lot of paper towels, flat boards, heavy materials and a fan.
- Lay down some of the paper towels, place the book on top and place more paper towels on it.
- Press the books gently so that excess water will be removed.
- Insert fresh paper towels inside every ten pages of the book
- Gently press the book again to squeeze out more moisture.
- While doing all this make sure that the book is not open to more than 90 degrees, to avoid damaging the book while it is in that fragile state.
- Go carefully through the book and set it up close to the fan.
- Let it dry overnight.
- In the morning flatten out the book pages and stick it between two boards.
- Place the heavy object on it and let it lie there for 24- 48 hours.
After all these steps, you can be sure that your book will be as good as it formerly was. You can also refrigerate it in a sealable plastic bag if you are not ready to go through all these processes. This research is credited to the preservation experts at the Syracuse University Libraries.
What Others Are Reading