Sign Up To Slack.com now!. If you have a team project or a research idea you want to discuss with your teammates and make it come to fruition, then you need SLACK. SLACK- which stands for Searchable Log of All Conversation and Knowledge– is a messaging app for teams that was launched in August 2013. Since then, it’s proven to be a very important tool for teamwork and a must-have in any office or institution where people work together to achieve a common goal.
SLACK creates a “workspace” for sharing ideas, discussing and working on research projects. You, the manager or admin (or whatever you are called), create a group/channel (or whatever you want to call it) and are given a URL. You can then share this link with your team members or friends so they can join the group and start teaming! It’s got the possibility of creating many team-channels and sending instant messages to people, among many other fantastic features.
SLACK can be used basically on any device: can be used on your laptop and smartphone. You can start sending messages on your PC, and finish up on your smartphone (with its smartphone application). It also lets you connect to and work with other apps like Twitter, Dropbox, and Google Drive.
SEE ALSO: How to Edit Facebook Profile
How to Sign-Up Slack.com on PC
- First of all, you download SLACK on your PC.
- After downloading and installing it, you should have a page like this:
- You can Sign-In to your workspace, if you already have one. To Sign-up, click “Create New Workspace”.
- Then proceed to writing your email address.
- After which, you should receive a mail with your six-digit confirmation code.
- Then fill in your profile details.
- The remaining processes involve choosing the type of team workspace you want to create and choosing a name for it. The last stage is choosing a URL for your workspace and clicking “Create Workspace”
- On your smartphone, you download and install the app. Then, YOU use the workspace URL you have created to sign in.
Encounter any difficulty? Please drop your comments on the drop box below.
What Others Are Reading