Job Vacancy at M-Net – Africa Magic seeks to appoint suitably qualified & dedicated individuals to assume responsibility as Head of Production: Africa Magic.
This position will be based at their facilities in Lagos, Nigeria, and the successful candidate will report to the Regional Director, M-Net (West).
Personal capabilities that are critical to the production of quality outputs are:
1. Operational thinking and business acumen.
2. Excellent presentation skills.
3. Passionate about content and the broadcasting industry.
4. Financial Management
5. Managerial Skills
6. Advanced analytical skills
7. Excellent organizational abilities
8. Ability to conceptualize ideas
9. Excellent verbal and written communication skills
10. Relationship Building
Desired Skills & Experience
- To lead in the planning, managing and coordinating of all production
- Play a key role in developing and/or commissioning local content for Africa Magic Channels
- Implement strategic production of content for the channels and increase audience figures
- Develop and establish effective systems, procedures and standards of performance for commissioned producers;
- Participate, advise on and consult in the preparation of annual Production budget formulation process
- Creative conceptualization & ensuring adherence to standards in all productions
- Effective Planning & organization of all TV production schedules and processes
- Assessing project and resources requirements, sourcing, negotiating and drawing up of accurate budgets and timelines with clients and external suppliers
- Effective production budgeting and budget control Lead and supervise commissioned producers by consistently monitoring, guiding, and enhancing the achievement of highest professional and ethical standards in their work.
1. A University degree in Media Production and/or Communication, or any relevant media studies
2. Proven practical knowledge and experience in a TV broadcast environment
3. Minimum of 3 years working experience at supervisory level in a structured broadcast production environment.
What Others Are Reading