ProtonMail Sign Up is very easy and can be completed within few minutes, with any device connected to the internet. Ever heard of ProtonMail? This is an online email service that protects your privacy. It simply is an end-to-end encrypted email service. This means even the company that developed this web mail cannot even have access to your email.
Emails you receive and send to other users of ProtonMail are also automatically locked, even if someone uses your phone or logs into your email, he/she can’t still see your email. ProtonMail is operated by Proton Technologies, a company in Geneva, Switzerland. This email protects your email contents from snoopers and spies. ProtonMail service can run on Android and iOs.
How does this work?
When an email is sent with this webmail, a password is required. The recipient of your encrypted mail would also have to enter that same password to view the mail. So if you’re the “secreted and mysterious” type of person, this article is basically written for you. Learn how to use this mail service below!.
The good feature about this web mail is that you can also set an “automatic destruct” time on every mail you send. This is like an expiration date for the emails. When the time reaches, the mail automatically deletes permanently from the both ends – the receiver and the sender.
There’s a free version of this web service. The free version gives you 500MB of storage for one email address and up to 150 messages per day. To enjoy this service fully, upgrade to the plus version ($6/mo or $55/yr) for more storage and email addresses, including the ability to use a custom domain. You can also communicate to other email servers through ProtonMail.
ProtonMail Sign Up Process
- Go to the official ProtonMail website here
- Click on free plan.
- Make a username for your email; Example: email@example.com
- Choose a password and confirm the same password. Also know that if you lose you password, you won’t b able to read your mails again.
- Put in a recovery email. This is optional anyway, but it is advisable you use it as it helps recover your email when lost.
- Then click on create account.
- Your phone number would be requested and an sms containing a code would be sent to you within 3 minutes to confirm you’re the one.
- Key in the sent code and click on “complete setup”
- Your ProtonMail has been successfully created. You can start sending and receiving mails successfully.
Encounter difficulties signing up or logging in? Drop your comments on the dropbox below, we would be eager to get back to you!!