This article is aimed at giving you concrete information of what exactly you need to know on how you should go about the Uk Visa Application in Nigeria. You may be planning to travel to the United Kingdom for any reasons which may be to study, visit, for business or to live and work.
There are two types of UK visa. They include:
- The Long-term visa: For those who intend to stay for an extended period of time. Example of long-term visa is Student Visa.
- The short-term visa: For people who do not want to stay long in the UK. Examples of short-term visas are the Visitors or Tourist Visas.
Furthermore, it’s required that before you proceed to apply for your visa application, the most important documents you need a Nigerian Immigration Passport. Moreover, the passport validity period should be at least 3 months longer than the duration of your visit to the United Kingdom.
UK Visa Application In Nigeria Requirements
- A valid international passport. This should be valid for at least three months after the period you intended to stay in the UK. You can apply for your International passport online or you visit any immigration office in Nigeria.
- Application Form – This is the UK visa application form that should be filled online.
- A recent passport sized color photograph on white background (45mmx35mm wide)
- Stipulated Visa Fee
- Your visa or some other evidence that you are permitted to stay in the UK eg Greencard, residence permit etc.
- A Photocopy of the passport data page
Letter of Invitation
- Original bank statement ( at least 6 months)
- Birth certificate (this requirement is for children traveling with parents)
- Applicant traveling on official business is required to attach a letter of invitation. However, if you are going to a training or conference then you would need to provide evidence to support your claim.
- Hotel/flight bookings
- Letter from sponsor
- Marriage certificate.
- Utility bills
Uk Visa Application in Nigeria Procedure
Below is a step by step guide on how to go about the application process.
- To begin your Uk Visa Application, first, you have to know the exact visa type that is most suitable for your visit to the UK. Just visit the UK Immigration and Visa Website and see their list of visa types and the one that is suits your travel. Furthermore, you are meant to pay for visa application fees. This depends on the category of visa you wish to apply for.
- Once you are done completing or filling the application form online, you will be issued a GWF number. Ensure you keep it safe because it will be requested later. Also, you will be sent an email notifying you of your appointment date, its location and as well required documents to come along with.
- Now, after booking your appointment procced and register your details on Teleperformance website. By doing so, you will be authorized and allowed to attend your appointment.
- Before the day of your appointment at the UK Visa Application Centre, ensure you print copies of your online application form and appointment confirmation, your passport and every other required document as stated here.
The UK Visa processing period for your application normally takes six working days. But the visa application from applicants with crime or history may take more time or if possible be rejected.
SEE ALSO: How To Apply For VISA Lottery
Furthermore, the collection time for the visa is slated from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. from Mondays to Fridays. Also, Public holidays and weekends are exempted. You need to come with proofs like your application checklist, original photographic ID and a photocopy of biodata page of passport to enable you to collect your Visa.
If you have further questions or inquiries regarding the Uk Visa Application in Nigeria, kindly use the comment box below.
What Others Are Reading