The International Dominican University Merit Scholarships are now available for the 2017/2018 academic session. Dominican University is accepting applications from International Students for her Deans Scholarships.
Dominician University is located in San Rafael, California. The University is a non-profit university founded in 1890 by the Dominican Sisters of San Rafael. The university is currently offering scholarships to International undergraduate students admitted for the fall 2017 and spring 2018 academic year.
Below are the scholarships and GPA requirements awarded to international students admitted for the Fall 2017–Spring 2018 academic year
|Trustee Scholarship||$12,000 per year||Minimum 3.50|
|Presidential Scholarship||$10,000 per year||3.00 – 3.49|
|Deans Scholarship||$8,000 per year||2.50 – 2.99|
Annual scholarship amounts are divided in half between the Fall and Spring semesters. Scholarships are not awarded for the Summer semester.
RENEWING THE SCHOLARSHIP
Scholarships can be renewed for subsequent years of study with the University. The Criteria for renewing this scholarship includes full-time enrollment (12 – 17 units per semester) at Dominican.
International Dominican University Merit Scholarships Requirements
- Entrants must also provide a recommendation letter from their school administrator or counselor. Students who have been out of school for more than 2 years may submit a letter of recommendation from a professional colleague.
- Additional to their cumulative GPA, students ought to meet the Federal SAP eligibility. In case students are enrolled full-time, they must earn at least 12 of their units attempted at the conclusion of the term.
- It is compulsory that students for whom English is not their native language to provide proof of competence submitting their SAT or ACT scores.
- The application form can be completed here . Additionally, applicants are also required to provide a 500 word essay on the following topics: family, cultural, or personal tradition that is meaningful to them. In the essay, students are required to respond the following question:
- If they could spend a day with a living, deceased or imaginary person who would it be?
- A $250 tuition deposit is required after the students are admitted in order to confirm their attendance.
- The application deadline is November 1st 2017.