9 Silent Stroke Symptoms And How To Prevent Stroke: Stroke is caused when there is a sudden stop of blood supply to the brain which results to cell death. Some people have stroke without ever knowing, these are called silent stroke.
Warning Signs Of Stroke
Knowing the signs of stroke and getting emergency help within an hour can prevent long term disability or death. Getting an emergency help also gives you a better chance of recovery. The term FAST is been used to recognize stroke symptoms.
ALSO READ: Remedies To Stop Hair Loss
9 Silent Stroke Symptoms, Signs that you might have a stroke
- Trouble speaking
- Trouble understanding other people
- Weakness in the arm or leg especially on one side
- Overall fatigue-weakness
- Vision trouble in one or both eyes
- Face Dropping: Does one side of the face drop.
- Arms Weakness: Raise both of the arms up is one arm higher than the other-is one arm weak or numb.
- Speech Difficulty: Tell the person to repeat something, do they slur their words.
TIME: act very fast and call 911 if the above symptoms occurs.
READ MORE: Health Benefits Of Moringa
9 STROKE SYMPTOMS IN WOMEN
Women also have these peculiar stroke symptoms.
- Shortness of breath
WHAT TO DO
What you do when you notice the above symptoms of stroke is you call 911, because stroke is a medical emergency and like earlier said getting emergency can prevent death.
Also note the time the symptoms started the hospital staffs needs to know. Certain type of medicine has to be administered within 3 hours of stroke symptom to help prevent long time disability or death.
HOW TO PREVENT STROKE
- Educate your family and friends about FAST
- Teaching children how to call for help
- Having emergency contacts on your list
- Keep a copy of your medication with you
You can also prevent stroke by:
- Eating more sea food instead of poultry, red meat
- Eating more vegetables and beans
- Increasing exercise and workout
- Stopping tobacco use
- Reducing or stopping alcohol
- Taking medications for conditions like high blood pressure.
RELATED: What Banana Peel Can Do For You
LIFE AFTER STROKE
Stroke is of different types but people that recover from stroke may experience
- Changes in senses
- Vision issues
- Changes in behavior
- Memory problem
- Attention or perception problem