The government of Mauritius is delighted to announce the 2021 African Students Government of Mauritius Scholarships application. All eligible African scholars are hereby invited to apply for this program. Keep reading to get the full insight on how you can easily apply for African Students Government of Mauritius Scholarships 2021.
More About African Students Government of Mauritius Scholarships 2021
The African Students Government of Mauritius Scholarships covers Undergraduate degree programs in all field. But Scholarships shall NOT be awarded for:
- Top-up degree programmes.
- Foundation programmes.
- Part-time courses.
- Distance Education programmes.
- Mixed modes (distance and on-campus learning).
- Non accredited courses.
- Postgraduate programmes.
Value of Scholarship
The Scholarship will cover all successful candidates’ tuition fees and contribute and also their living expenses during their studies in Mauritius.
Furthermore, other coverages include airfare, by the most economical route, from the country of origin at the beginning of studies and back to the country of origin at the end of the studies will be covered.
This will be valid for travel from the country of origin at the beginning of the studies and back to the country of origin upon successful completion of studies.
Students from countries in the African Union or African Commonwealth countries are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- Applicants should be above 18 years of age and should not have reached their 26th birthday at the closing date of application.
- Applicants must have applied for full-time on-campus undergraduate studies at any public Tertiary Education Institution in Mauritius for the academic year starting in 2018.
- The scholarship will be for a maximum of four (4) years or the minimum course duration whichever is lesser.
- Qualification entry requirements
- Candidates should have successfully completed end of secondary school to be eligible and should satisfy the minimum grade requirements as indicated below: : (i) 24 points at GCE A – Level which will be computed on the basis of the following grades obtained in three Principal subjects: A+=10, A=9, B=8, C=7, D=6 & E=5; OR (ii) at least an overall average of 70% or an overall average of, 14/20; OR (iii) criteria equivalent to (i) or (ii) above.
- In case the language of instruction is not English in the qualifying examination, the candidate will have to provide valid TOEFL or IELTS test results with a minimum score not less than 550 or 5.5 respectively, or appropriate proof of English Language proficiency.
- Candidates who are already holders of an undergraduate degree will NOT be eligible under this scholarship scheme.
- Self-financing candidates already studying in Mauritius in an undergraduate programme will NOT be eligible under this Scholarship scheme.
How to Apply for African Students Government of Mauritius Scholarships 2021
You can get the Application Form here.
NOTE: Ensure you go through the Scholarship Webpage for application instructions before applying.
Electronic application to be submitted: 30th April 2021
Hard copies to be submitted: 15th May 2021