Amazing Facts About Abakaliki Rice – Rice is of the grass specie Oryza sativa(Asian rice) or Oryza glaberrima (African rice). In most part of the world’s human population, rice is the most widely consumed food . Ebonyi state is one of the states in Nigeria, and it’s capital and largest city is Abakaliki.
Ebonyi state is called the home of local rice production in Nigeria. Many people are aware of the Abakaliki rice which has high nutritional value and is naturally salted with good taste. Now we are going to look into the real and Amazing Facts About Abakaliki Rice and also, how to buy abakaliki rice in Ebonyi.
ALSO SEE: Important Of Enzyme in Agric Industry
AMAZING FACTS ABOUT ABAKALIKI RICE
Here are the Amazing facts about abakaliki rice of which after, you will never resist to buy Abakaliki rice.
- HIGHLY NUTRITIONAL: Abakaliki rice has a superior taste. It’s high nutrient is gotten from the salinity and moisture nature of Ebonyi land. It has been proven by American experts that Abakaliki rice is more nutritional than the parboiled rice
- A BUSHEL WAS ONCE SOLD AT N10 NAIRA: A bushel of Abakaliki rice was sold at 10 Naira in 1971. This is because there was nothing like foreign rice as of that time.
- FIRST INDIGENOUS INDUSTRY IN EBONYI STATE: Even before the creation of the state in 1996, Abakaliki rice mill was the only existing industry by then. Abakaliki rice mill has become a major source of revenue to the state government. Starting from when the state was created till date.
- CHEAP AND AFFORDABLE: Abakaliki rice is very cheap and affordable. That’s the reason why people from different parts of Nigeria come to Ebonyi state to purchase it. Now a bushel is sold at 5000 Naira.
- MOSTLY CONSUMED IN NIGERIA: When the importation of rice was banned by the federal government of Nigeria. The most consumed rice in the country is Abakaliki rice.
Due to the ban of importation of foreign rice, people from different parts of Nigeria come to Ebonyi in search of Abakaliki Rice.
RELATED: Best Bermuda Hotels For Vacation
HOW TO BUY ABAKALIKI RICE
No matter the part of Nigeria you reside, if you are able to get down to Ebonyi state. Below are how to buy abakaliki rice, addresses and names of some rice dealers and suppliers in Ebonyi state that you will buy your nutritional rice from.
1. Abakaliki Rice Mill Company: Ndiechi Igbeagu Abakaliki, Ebonyi state.
2. A E Muoneke and SON limited: 17,Gunning Road, Abakaliki, Ebonyi State.
3. Idina Otu Amaka Olua Enyigba Multi-purpose Co-operative Society: Olua Enyigba, Abakaliki, Ebonyi State.
4. Rice mill company Abakaliki ,Ebonyi State: 4 ogbumba street abakaliki, Ebonyi State.
5. Edda Fadama Community Association: Nwida Market Square, Edda Community, Abakaliki Ebonyi State.
Make out time, come to Ebonyi state the home of rice so as to have a lifetime experience of purchasing a bushel of rice. This only cost for N5000 (Five Thousand Naira) and buying a highly nutritional, superior taste, and naturally salted rice.