Every year the Canadian government usually hires a million immigrants as unskilled laborers to fill in the work gap in the country. These foreign workers are always needed because they have limited locals that are employed for this work. Now, if you’re looking for unskilled jobs in Canada with visa sponsorship, this is the right article for you.
Moreover, most immigrants from different countries like Nigeria, India, Indonesia, that desire to apply for unskilled jobs in Canada may greatly benefit from this article.
It appears that Canada is on the lookout/having a high demand for an unskilled workforce. Based on recent research from some recruitment Professionals, Canada as a country is actually experiencing a severe job scarcity.
While tons of these jobs are skilled job openings, there are about a thousand unskilled job openings in Canada, this includes about 38,000 construction job openings, with over 45,900 hospitality job openings, over 50,000 retail job openings, and thousands of truck drivers and taxi drivers employment.
According to this manner, due to the availability of unskilled labour jobs in Canada for foreigners, the Canadian government has now been forced to offer position in Canada to unskilled workers. The best thing about this job offers is that the unskilled worker’s average salaries are relatively high that the minimum wages with the average pay actually exceeds $20,000 each year.
How to Apply for Unskilled Jobs in Canada with a Sponsorship Offer
If you are actually thinking about the process involved in application for the unskilled jobs with sponsorship offer in Canada, then you should actually consider the following information:
- First, if the employer really desires to sponsor a visa for an unskilled worker, then that employer needs to have a positive LIMA before an employee may apply for a work visa. LIMA means Labour Market Impact Assessment; this is a document that is required from an employer in Canada before hiring a foreign worker. Once a LIMA has been approved, a sponsored working visa can be issued. This documentation is usually the hardest thing to achieve, especially when involved in a low-skilled position when tons of local Canadians are actually capable of executing the work.
- If the employer is however working outside of Canada, the employer is usually responsible for both the employees travel and visa cost.
- You will need to find a qualified employer that will be willing to help you with your visa sponsorship process. In distance areas, where local skills are relatively low, search for multinational brands or firms.
List of Unskilled Jobs for Foreigners In Canada
If you are thinking of a good unskilled job in Canada for foreigners, then this is an opportunity for you. If this is really the case, then we’ve got you covered, here we have listed a variety of job opportunities, vacancies, and employment prospect for unskilled foreign workers in Canada.
Below is the rundown of the latest unskilled job for foreigners in Canada.
- Factory Helpers
- Construction Workers
- Fish Cutter
- Fruit Picker
- Seasonal Farm Worker
- Crop Harvesting Worker
- General Farm Worker
- Registered Practical Nurse
- Food Processing Worker
- Food Counter Attendant
- Truck Driver
- Farm Laborer
- Bakery Production Worker
- Meat Cutter/Butcher
- Kitchen Helpers
- Poultry Farm Worker
- Gas Station Worker
- Supermarket Staffs
- Room Attendant
- Live-in Caregiver
How can a Foreigner Get Skilled Jobs in Canada?
Let’ take a look at how to get an unskilled job in Canada as an immigrant or foreigner.
The most basic thing to understand here is that Canadian citizens or permanent residents can actually apply for any job that requires unskilled labour. This implies that they are not restricted to the kind of job in the country.
On the other hand, if you are not a citizen or a permanent resident, your only choice is to actually apply for foreign worker immigration to Canada.
People that are not residing in Canada must complete the Canada unskilled work visa application process, which can take up to five years.
During this time of application, they must follow all the procedures and also complete the entire requirement and earn enough points to be eligible.
Keep in mind that, in the process, the applicant will need to have at least the most basic level of financial stability by actually submitting a bank balance statement.
It usually not easy to get a work permit, so keep in mind that they chances of obtaining a work permit visa for unskilled worker employment in Canada are usually quite slim. If an organization wishes to hire a foreign staff on work permit, they must actually show that they have exhausted all other opportunities to fill the unskilled labour position with a Canadian.
Another thing they must show is that there is a limited number of unskilled people in Canada are qualified for the job and can actually fill it.
Minimal Requirement for Unskilled Jobs in Canada for Foreigners
For foreigners in Canada, they only need to meet the bare minimum requirement for jobs in the country.
Candidate must however follow the requirement to apply for the best job openings in Canada:
- First, you must be satisfied that your qualification matches the job description, once you have confirmed this, you are good to go.
- You should be ready and willing to study both in French and English; this is because these are the country’s most popular languages.
- You should have a bare minimum schooling.
- The age range of applicant should be between 21 and 39years.
- Documents such as a valid passport and other papers are also required.
Having a job, regardless of what it is, whether skilled or unskilled in Canada is great this is isn’t just because of the pay; Canada itself is an amazing country. However, it should be worth mentioning again that the chances of getting a job there is quite slim.
This doesn’t however rule out the fact that you may be considered for an unskilled job as a foreigner in the country.