Every state in the United States requires it’s citizens to register in order to vote in the upcoming election provided you are 18 years old on or before Election Day. Residents in the state of California can visit www.registertovote.ca.gov to get the California Online Voter Registration done within few minutes.
According to Wikipedia, the 2018 United States elections will be held mostly on Tuesday, November 6, 2018. These midterm elections will take place in the middle of Republican President Donald Trump’s first term.
California Online Voter Registration Requirements
In order to register online, you will need the following
- Your California driver license or California identification card number.
- The last four digits of your social security number and
- Date of birth.
Then, your information will be provided to the California Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) to retrieve a copy of your DMV signature.
If you do not have a California driver license or California identification card, you can still use this form to apply to register to vote by completing the online interview by 11:59:59 p.m. Pacific Time on the 15th calendar day before an election.
Having seen the requirements, for you to now register to vote, click on the link below and fill out the form as required.
California Online Voter Registration Deadline
The deadline to register or re-register to vote for any election in California is 11:59:59 p.m. Pacific Time on the 15th calendar day before that election.
If this deadline has passed:
- You can submit an application and it will be processed for future elections.
- You have the opportunity to “conditionally” register to vote and vote provisionally at your local county elections office.
- Contact your local county elections official for more information or visit Conditional Voter Registration.
If you recently registered online successfully, please wait at least 24 hours before checking your registration status.