LinkedIn is a great platform, especially for people who are working and wants to connect with several employers. When you apply for a job, LinkedIn is one of the first places your employer goes to check for your background. But there might be a need for you to create a new LinkedIn account and you want to delete the old one. In this article, we have listed steps to delete your LinkedIn account without stress.
There are several reasons why you might want to go away from LinkedIn. It could be that you need to migrate to another platform, and it could also be that you need to start again and get rid of the old account. But if it’s to stop receiving notification from LinkedIn in your email. Follow the steps below.
ALSO SEE: Step Guide To Delete POF Account
How to Stop LinkedIn Notifications in your Email
LinkedIn sends notifications to you anytime your connections post something new, or you have a new connection request. To stop the emails from coming through;
- Go to your email address and login.
- Select any of the messages sent by LinkedIn. You should see them in ‘social.’
- Open the email and click on options to ‘report spam’ or scroll down and click on ‘unsubscribe.’
If you want to remove your account from LinkedIn, follow the instructions below;
How to Delete Your LinkedIn account
- Log in to your LinkedIn account on any internet connected device
- Go to the top right corner of your screen and click on your profile picture.
- From the drop-down list, look for privacy and setting and select it.
- Enter your password if you are asked for it, click ion close your account and confirm.
- That’s all you need to do to get your account off LinkedIn.
By the end of this article you should have been able to get your account deleted form LinkedIn successfully. You can now open the new one or go to the platform you wish to start using.