Do you know that you can configure more than one email on Outlook, and easily send and receive messages from the account. Unlike Gmail and Yahoo, Outlook is a unified platform for multiple emails. So, if you are looking for how you can configure SBCGlobal email account in Outlook, then keep reading for we have the solution for you in this article.
Provided you have an internet connection, you can access outlook.com from your browser using any device, be it a desktop computer, laptop or mobile smartphone.
This post is going to show you detailed step guide to configure SBCGlobal email manually and automatically on outlook platform. So, follow the outline process below.
To Configure SBCGlobal Email Account In Outlook Automatically
If you are an Android or iOS user, then automatic setup will work on outlook.com.
- For Outlook Mac: You can either use exchange-based or office 365 mail to set up account automatically. Type in your username and password in the login field. For Mac2016, enter an email address and password of your SBCGlobal account. If you are prompted for any action, click to continue.
- Outlook for windows: To carry out automatic setup, open outlook 2010 on windows and click on ‘Fix’ button. Go to ‘Run’ dialog box and follow the steps mentioned below
- Free email users may receive an error message on the screen which says, ‘Full IMAP support is not available for your account’. You need to enable for SBCGlobal account. For this, change the account to POP3 type. For 2016 and 2013 outlook, automatic setup won’t work.
- Open the file tab from your Outlook 2016 and 13. Go to ‘Account information’ and click on ‘Add an account’.
- In Auto account page, input your email address and password followed by ‘Next’ option. Select ‘Finish’.
- In general, If your outlook 2016 and 13 doesn’t work with Automatic setup, then you can try manual setup for your account. You can setup server settings manually.
- If you are using Windows outlook 2016, then manual setup will not work on it. You can either use Exchange server or office 365 in such case. In case you want to do manual settings on 2016, you can call exchange administrator or service provider for best assistance.
SEE ALSO: How To Login To Your Frontier Mail
To Configure SBCGlobal Email Account In Outlook Manually
For manual setup, ensure you have your incoming server as well as outgoing server details with you. One more thing you require is SSL settings for your SBCGlobal account.
- Now, navigate to Settings followed by ‘Outgoing server’. Click on Checkbox which says, ‘My outgoing server requires authentication’.
- Click ‘Finish’ to end setup followed by ‘Next’ option.
- If you want to perform manual settings in outlook 2010, then you are required to go to ‘Tools’ option from outlook window. Go to ‘Email account’ link. Click on ‘Add new mail’ account menu.
- Click ‘Next’.
- Now you are required to select POP3 or IMAP settings from the given options. You can select any type according to your preference. Now, add a name by which others will recognize you or they will find the name on their screen when you send any message from your email account.
If you are still having any trouble, then feel free to contact at email support. The team will guide you in a best possible manner.