Heinrich Boll foundation scholarships for German and international students, 2018 is now available. This scholarship is open for undergraduates, graduates, and doctoral students. They work towards promoting students who are studying with a positive attitude towards the growth and goals of the green project, sharing the elementary ideals of the Heinrich Boll Foundation.
Heinrich Boll Foundation collaborate with 16 state-level Boll Foundations in each of Germany’s federal states, and they support talented, sociology-politically engaged undergraduate and graduate students in Germany and abroad.
Interested international applicants are expected to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
Subjects offered: Scholarships are awarded in all subjects offered at universities of applied sciences or universities of the arts in Germany.
Scholarship Award: The Heinrich Böll Foundation grants scholarships to approximately 1,000 undergraduates, graduates, and doctoral students.
Scholarship can be taken in Germany (German students can pursue their higher studies in Germany or an EU country).
Eligibility For Henrich Boll Foundation Scholarships
Applicants for an undergraduate or graduate scholarship:
1). General student scholarships for German and German-educated applicants (Bildungsinländer/innen (1): Students in all subjects who are pursuing the First degree (Bachelor, Staatsexamen, Diplom) and who earned their university entrance qualification (2) in Germany:
- Applicants may apply before beginning their first degree (Bachelor, Staatsexamen, Diplom) or at any time up to the end of your third “Fachsemester”. Masters students cannot apply, because we aim to support students over the longer term. However, Bachelors students who have been awarded support may receive further support for a Masters course.
- Special (but not exclusive) target groups are: first-generation students, women, members of ethnic minorities, applicants from universities of applied science (Fachhochschulen).
- Scholarship programme also focuses (but not exclusively) on certain subjects: especially the STEM subjects (science, technology, engineering and mathematics), particularly with a focus on environmental science (e.g. environmental protection, renewable energies, climate, etc.); economic and legal studies; journalism; and art studies.
- Germans and Bildungsinländer/innen (1) may receive funding for a complete Bachelors programme outside Germany but within the EU. In this case, the application must include a detailed justification of the proposed location and subject.2) Student Scholarship – journalism: “Medienvielfalt, anders: Junge Migrantinnen und Migranten in den Journalismus” (for German nationals and Bildungsinländer/innen):
- This programme is aimed at German or German-educated students with a migration background who wish to become journalists. Funding is not limited to students following journalism studies programmes.
- Applicants may apply before beginning your study programme or at any time up to the end of your third “Fachsemester”. The conditions outlined in A.1. apply
Applicants for a doctoral scholarship: Please note that an application for the autumn application process is possible, if you are a German or German-educated doctoral student.
- Doctoral students in all subjects who earned their university entrance qualification in Germany (Germans nationals and Bildungsinländer/inner (1)):
- At the time of application, the applicant must have been accepted as a doctoral student by a state-recognized institution of higher education in Germany or another EU country.
- Preference will be given to dissertation projects related to the working areas of the Heinrich Boll Foundation2) Doctoral scholarships: Focus programme “Transformation Research”
- Doctoral students from Germany who would like to apply for the focus programme “Transformation Research”
- Formal requirements are given above.
For International Students
How to apply: Applications should be submitted online. Required documents are:
- A complete set of application documents needs to be uploaded to the web portal as PDF versions of the following documents.
- Application form for a scholarship
- Copy of degree certificate, University entrance qualification or equivalent
- A list of study certificates to date if you have already commenced your studies
- For foreign applicants for a scholarship to study for a master’s degree: Certified copy of their first-degree certificate
- Student enrollment certificate if they already have one
- For foreign applicants: Written proof of German language proficiency
- For applicants for the programme: Work samples
- A third-party reference on your social commitment
- An expert reference from a university or college lecturer, or for school leavers from a schoolteacher
Henrich Boll Foundation Scholarships Application Deadline:
The application deadline is August 31, 2017.