There may be reasons why you wish to delete Instagram account or deactivate Instagram account, but which ever one, i will show you how i delete my Instagram account. You can delete your Instagram account from your mobile device or web.
To get rid of your Instagram profile, there are two options for you to choose during the process. You can choose to delete it temporarily or permanently. Deleting your account temporarily, will suspend your account and all your content will remain untouched. But if you choose to delete it permanently, it will erase or wipe all your account information, photos and videos, it cannot be retrieved again.
RELATED: How To Delete Hitwe Account
It may be more advisable if you temporarily deactivate Instagram account instead of to delete Instagram account permanently. But this post will guide you on how to successfully delete your Instagram account as well as how to temporarily deactivate or disable your Instagram account just in case you have a change of mind.
How To Temporarily Deactivate Instagram Account
- On your browser, go to Instagram.com and login to your instagram profile account.
- Click on your username button in the top-right corner and select “Edit Profile”.
- From the drop down menu, click on the “Temporarily disable my account” link.
- State the reason why you want to deactivate your account, you can select it from the drop-down menu option listed for you.
- Re-enter your password again to proceed.
- Click on the button with option “Temporarily Disable Account”.
NOTE: You are only allowed to disable your account once a week.
RELATED: Best Celebrity Snappchat Account To Follow This Season
How to Delete Instagram Account permanently
Before you start to delete your instagram account permanently, i advice you to create a backup archive of all your photos you uploaded to the account.
- On your web browser, Visit the Instagram Delete account page
- Login to your account by entering your Instagram username and password.
- Select your reason for deleting the account from the option listed for you.
- Click on the red button with option “Permanently delete my account”.
- Your account will be instantly deleted.
You can watch this short video below to get the full insight