If you own a laptop, then you wouldn’t be unfamiliar with the word Microsoft. Owned by the wealthiest man in the world, Bill Gates, Microsoft is one of the most used software in the world. It is available for those using laptops and phones like Nokia, Chuwi and even Tecno. With so many software and so many systems using them, Microsoft has a user account that everyone using the software can operate.
The user account also functions as an email, and you can connect it to your other email address. However, this article is not to teach you how to create an account but how to delete your Microsoft account.
READ MORE: How to Delete Your SoundCloud Account
There are several reasons for deleting the Microsoft account, it could be that you have lost your password and can get a new one. Or you have opted to use another software like the MacBook or Linux. Below are the set of detailed step guide instructions to help you get your account off Microsoft easily.
Easy Steps To Delete Your Microsoft Account
- Open your Microsoft account on a device accessible to the internet.
- Look for close your account on the dashboard after signing into your account.
- Check if the page displays all the correct information about you and click on next.
- Read each item presented to you on a checklist and tick each box.
- After, that choose a reason for closing your account in the ‘select a reason drop-down list and then click on “mark account for closure”.
This is all you need to do. But Microsoft has a policy for making sure you don’t delete your account by mistake. So you would have to wait for 60 days before your account will be permanently deleted from the platform. Also, if you want to cancel the process, just sign in before the end of the 60 days, and it won’t be deleted.