The Legal Practitioners’ Privileges Committee (LPPC) has announced the List Of New Senior Advocates of Nigeria SAN. According to The Chief Registrar of the Supreme Court, Hadizatu Mustapha, he said that out of 156 candidates who applied for the prestigious rank, only 123 qualified for the first round of interview.
He also added that only 30 legal practitioners made it to the last. “Out of the 30, four are lawyers from the academic community and we have 26 court room advocates that were so elevated, including one female.
The LPPC is a committee empowered by the Legal Practitioners Act (Cap L11 LFN 2004) to award the rank of SAN to deserving lawyers.
List Of New Senior Advocates of Nigeria
Find below the newly approved Senior Advocates of Nigeria.
1. Chibuike Adindu Nwanne Nwokeukwu
2. Johnnie Nnaemeka Egwuonwu
3. Bert Chukwuneta Igwilo
4. Sylvester Emenike Elema
5. Ikenna Victor Egbuna
6. Wilcox Achace Abereton
7. Michael Abayomi Bisade Alliyu
8. Akinlolu Oluyinka Osinbajo
9. Francis Forum Egele
10. Prof. Enefiok Effiong Essien
11. Prof. Sadiq Slyvester Shikyl
12. Prof. Adebambo Anthony Adewopo
13. Prof. Adedeji Olusegun Adekunle
14. Olusola Alex Oke
15. Nasser Abdu Dangiri
16. Oluwatoyin Ajoke Bashorun
17. Emeka Peter Okpoko
18. Sani Hussani Garun-Gabbas
19. Abdul Atadoga Ibrahim
20. John Olusegun Odubela
21. Gboyega Sanmi Oyewole
22. Joshua Yusuf Musa
23. Ibrahim Sani Mohammed
24. Festus Egwarewa Keyamo
25. Ekemejero Ohwovoriole
26. Oyetola Oshobi
27. Sulaiman Usman
28. Kehinde Olamide Ogunwumiju
29. Chiesonu Igbojamuike Okpoko
30. Kamaldeen Adeyemi Ajibade
The swearing-in of the new Senior Advocates of Nigeria would be in September, on a date that would be made known to the public.