Registered Voters Card – Voters card are given by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) when you register. But if you lost your Voters Card or if it is damaged, you can recover it as soon as possible before the election day.
A person must have a voters card in order to be accredited and allowed to vote during an election. It is the card that identifies the voter and also gives the voter, the right to choose the candidate of his choice during the election.
Procedure on How to Replace a Lost or Damaged Voters Card
To replace your lost or damaged voters card is very easy and simple without stress. Just follow the procedure below:
- You must apply in person to the Electoral Officer or any other officer duly authorized for that purpose by the Electoral Commissioner.
- The application shall be done at least 30 days before an election, this is to enable you get your card on time before the election.
- The applicant shall state the circumstances of the lost or damage.
- The voter shall be issued with another copy of his original voters card.
- The word “DUPLICATE” will be printed or indicated on it clearly.
- The date of issue will be printed on the new voters card.
With the above procedure, you might have known How to Replace a Lost or Damage Voters Card. For question or comment, kindly use the comment box below.
One thought on “How to Replace a Lost or Damage Registered Voters Card”
Quality articles is the crucial to be a focus for the users to pay a quick visit the site, that’s what this site is providing.