The long awaiting Samsung Galaxy S9 has been officially unveiled alongside with Galaxy S9 Plus on stage at the brand’s MWC 2018 press conference. In this post, we are going to share with you what you need to know including the Samsung Galaxy S9 Release Date, the current price, and features of this brand new flagship phone.
The key new features include the new and improved rear camera, AR Emoji on the front camera and improvements to Samsung’s Bixby virtual assistant.
Samsung Galaxy S9 specs
- Display resolution: QHD+ (1440 x 2960)
- Display size: 5.8-inch, 18.5:9 ratio
- Display tech: Super AMOLED
- Chipset: Exynos 9810/Snapdragon 845
- RAM: 4GB
- Storage: 64GB
- Rear camera: 12MP
- Front camera: 8MP
- Battery: 3,000mAh
- Software: Android 8 Oreo
Samsung Galaxy S9 Release Date
The launch date for Samsung Galaxy S9 was on February 25 and the phone is currently up for pre-order, depending on your location. The official release date for Samsung Galaxy S9 and the time you will be able to get the phone in your hands is from March 16. In fact, the Galaxy S9 release date set for March 16 globally.
ALSO SEE: Top 8 Best Smartphones To Expect In 2018 And Their Release Date
You may now pre-order to ensure you get your device on that date. But let’s see how much it will cost anyone that is willing to buy the Samsung Galaxy S9.
Samsung Galaxy S9 price
If you buy want to buy from Samsung, the Galaxy S9 is officially set at £739 / $719.99 / AU$1,199
We have confirmed the price from Samsung that the Galaxy S9 in the UK will be sold at £739, $719.99 in the US and AU$1,199 in Australia.
Samsung Galaxy S9 Features
- Smaller upper and lower bezels than the Galaxy S8
- A 5.8-inch QHD+ screen with 567 pixels per inch
- A single-lens camera with variable aperture, unlike Galaxy S9 Plus
- Super-slow-motion video as well as added animated emoji features
- A 3,000mAh battery
- Improved power efficiency
- 4GB of RAM and 64GB of onboard space.
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 chipset
- AR (augmented reality) on the front camera for Animoji-like features.
MWC (Mobile World Congress) is the world’s largest exhibition for the mobile industry, stuffed full of the newest phones, tablets, wearables and more. So stay tuned as we bring you updates on very latest from the show floor.