YouTube is a site that allows its users to view, share and upload a video online. Registered users can upload and watch videos, while unregistered users can watch videos only. To sign up YouTube account is very simple.
In February 2005, Youtube was founded by three former PayPal employees Chard Hurley, Jawed Karim, and Steve Chen. It was later bought by internet search engine giant Google and it replaced Google’s video platform. And currently, YouTube is the world’s single largest video sharing platform and rated the second most popular website in the US and the second most popular site in the world according to Amazon’s Alexa Internet traffic analysis.
Google has made it easy for anyone who wants to own a Youtube account, can create a YouTube account on both mobile and desktop devices but you will need to input some personal information. However, in order to sign up YouTube account, you must have a Google ID or you simply sign up for a new Google account.
Available Content to Enjoy in YouTube include:
- Free video clips
- TV clips
- Music Video
- Free Seminars
- Educational Videos
- Your favorite channels
- And many more.
How to Sign up YouTube Account
- Go to www.youtube.com and press the SIGN IN button in blue at the top-right corner of the website.
- Then the Sign In page grant you access to log in with your existing Google account or give you a chance to create a brand new Google account (Gmail account) from scratch.
- Since it’s your first time and you don’t have Google account, you click on Create Account. Then you will be required to input your first name, your last name, and your email address.
- After that, you set up your secure password. Ensure that your password should be a strong combination of letters, numbers, and symbols such #@*&%. Then your account is ready.
- If you choose to go with a brand new Gmail account, Google will require you to provide your phone number to verify that you are who you claim to be.
- Once done, you will have the option to add a backup email and phone number to keep your account secure. Both options are optional.
- Next is for you to input your date of birth and gender, which is not visible to other users and can be skipped if you would rather not divulge this information.
- Then accept Google’s Terms of Service and decide whether or not you agree to Google processing your information.
- After that, you be taken back to the Youtube homepage. Simply click on the SIGN IN button again to be logged in to your new YouTube account.
Now you have completed the free YouTube Registration process, you will now be able to like or dislike videos, post public comments and add videos to playlists or save them for viewing later.
You can also follow your favorite channels and content producers whenever you hit the subscribe button under their channel names.