Colleges and Universities in Europe offer millions of Euros worth of scholarships to international students every year. So, if you wish to study in any of the of Universities in Europe, below are the Top 24 Europe Scholarships for International Students to watch out for.
The European Union along with the European Government States also offer government-funded EU scholarships to attract international students into Europe. Right now, as a foreign student, I want you to use this opportunity to apply to hundreds of Universities in Europe that are tuition-free.
Top 24 Europe Scholarships for International Students
1. British Chevening Scholarships (UK)
Chevening Scholarships are awarded to outstanding scholars from Chevening-eligible countries around the world. This UK government’s global scholarship programme cover tuition fees, a living allowance at a set rate (for one individual), an economy class return airfare to the UK, and additional grants to cover essential expenditure.
2. DAAD Scholarships with Relevance to Developing Countries (Germany)
The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) provides scholarships for a range of postgraduate courses with special relevance to developing countries at German Universities. The scholarships are for international students and young professionals from developing countries in Africa, Asia, Pacific Islands, Central and South America and Central and Eastern Europe.
3. Holland Scholarships
The Holland Scholarship is meant for international students from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) who want to do their Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree at participating Universities in Holland. The scholarship amounts to € 5,000 which you will receive this in the first year of your studies.
4. Swedish Institute Study Scholarships (Sweden)
The Swedish Institute provides scholarships in Sweden to highly-qualified international students from developing countries who want to study at Sweden Universities. The scholarship covers tuition fee, living expenses, some travel grant, and insurance.
5. VLIR-UOS Scholarship Awards (Belgium)
VLIR-UOS awards scholarships to students from 54 developing countries in Asia, Africa, and Latin America to pursue an English Taught Training or Master’s Programme related to development at Universities in Belgium. The scholarships cover tuition fee, accommodation, allowance, travel costs, and other program-related costs.
6. Eiffel Excellence Scholarship Programme (France)
The Eiffel scholarship program was developed by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs as a tool to allow French higher education institutions to attract the best foreign students for masters and Ph.D. degree programs. Eiffel scholarship-holders receive a monthly allowance and other expenses such as return trip, health insurance, and cultural activities. It does not cover tuition fees.
7. Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships for Foreign Students (Switzerland)
The Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships provide graduates from around 180 countries with the opportunity to pursue doctoral or postdoctoral research in any academic field at one of the public funded university or recognized institution in Switzerland. The scholarship covers a monthly allowance, tuition fees, health insurance, lodging allowance, etc.
8. Danish Government Scholarships for Non-EU/EEA Students (Denmark)
Danish Ministry of Education offers scholarships to fund highly qualified and motivated international students from outside the EU/EEA who wish to pursue a full degree higher education programme at participating Danish Universities. The scholarship can be given as full or partial tuition fee waivers and/or grants towards covering your living costs.
9. Italian Government Bursaries for Foreign Students (Italy)
The Italian Government awards scholarships for studying in Italy both to foreign citizens and Italian citizens resident abroad. The scholarships are towards University degree courses, Advanced vocational training, art and music courses, Masters Degree courses, Ph.D. Courses, etc. It is only possible to apply for three, six, or nine-month scholarships.
Among the Other Top 24 Europe Scholarships for International Students include;
10. Gates Cambridge Scholarships (UK)
11. Rhodes Scholarships at University of Oxford (UK)
12. Sheffield Hallam University Transform Together Scholarships (UK)
13. Developing Solutions Scholarships at University of Nottingham (UK)
14. Leiden University Excellence Scholarships (Netherlands)
15. University of Maastricht High Potential Scholarships (Netherlands)
16. Radboud University Scholarship Programme (Netherlands)
17. Amsterdam Excellence Scholarships (Netherlands)
18. University of Twente Scholarships (Netherlands)
19. Utrecht University Excellence Scholarships (Netherlands)
20. Erik Bleumink Scholarships at the University of Groningen (Netherlands)
21. ETH Excellence Scholarships (Switzerland)
22. University of Lausanne Master’s Grant for Foreign Students (Switzerland)
23. Bologna University Study Grants for International Students (Italy)
24. Lund University Global Scholarships for Non-EU/EEA Students (Sweden)
Some of the above Top 24 Europe Scholarships for International Students covers tuition fee, living expenses, accommodation, visa costs, and health insurance.
The aim of Scholarships in Europe for International Students is to encourage talented students from outside Europe to study in any universities in Europe that are tuition-free.