The United Bank for Africa runs an ambassador programme for students of tertiary institutions. The programme is to present this student with the opportunity to represent the UBA brand on their campuses and to be apart of a programme much bigger. UBA ambassador programmes are also geared at creating an environment for creative leadership to be built in students for showing their capabilities in a forward thinking and dynamic environment.
Some of the benefits that students get to enjoy in the programme include;
- Intellectual, leadership and creative skill development
- A stipend is paid every month
- Receives a free ticket to UBA events
- Mentorship interaction and career advise form managers in UBA
- UBA branded gift packs
- Have it in your resume
UBA Campus Ambassador Programme Eligibility.
- Must be a registered, full-time undergraduate student of any tertiary institution in Nigeria and African countries where UBA operates
- Candidate must be actively involved with student groups and influential within the campus community
- Must have established social media presence with demonstrable followership
- Candidate must possess experience in engaging stakeholders within the school community
- Should have the ability to gather feedback and provide innovative insights
- Should be able to dedicate 3-4 hours weekly
- Must be highly professional in general conduct
- Should have a UBA account.
Responsibilities of UBA Campus Ambassador.
- Represent the UBA brand on campus
- Provide insights that will help UBA better understand campus requirements unique to each region
- Learn about UBA products/ services and promote their adoption within the campus
- Plan and host fun events on campus to amplify the UBA brand
- Build relationships on campus with the school authorities, faculty and student groups
- Identify trends and opportunities that UBA can leverage within the campus community
- Implement various UBA initiatives within the campus
How to Apply for UBA Campus Ambassador Programme.
Qualified students are expected to complete an online form with required personal data, and a motivation letter highlighting why they should be selected. Applications open between September and Mid-December yearly.
Other steps include:
- Follow @ubagroup on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Youtube
- Create a short video describing how your skills and experiences are relevant to the role
- Upload the video on your social media page with the hashtag #UBACampusAmbassador
- Be sure to tag or mention @UBAGroup in your post. Candidates with high engagement stand a chance to be fast-tracked into the application process