UK Transit Visa Application Form 2018. If you have the intention to travel on to another country within 24 hours and want to pass through U.K, then you have to fill the UK Transit Visa Application Form. You will not be allowed to stay in U.K if you possess this type of visa. But if you which to visit the United Kingdom, you can check out our post on how to apply for a U.K visitor visa.
There are two types of transit visa and they include:
Direct Airside Transit Visa (DATV). This is limited to 24 hours and you must remain ‘airside’ (i.e. cannot pass through UK border control or immigration)
Visitor in Transit Visa which is valid for 48 hours and allows you to change airports (and terminals at airports where you can’t do that airside).
How To Complete the UK Transit Visa Application Form
Provided you are from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland, you might need a Direct Airside Transit visa (DATV). Also, you will be changing flights in the UK on your way to another country and as well won’t go through immigration control. Follow the step guide below to apply for UK Transit Visa successfully.
- Visit https://www.gov.uk/transit-visa/direct-airside-transit-visa.
- On the homepage, click apply online or you use this link https://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/home/welcome to create a login account and start filling the application.
- After filling the application form, select USCIS location for fingerprints
- Pay for Application fee which is $48 per person.
- Required documents for USCIS is taking the fingerprints appointment document and your passports
- Your photo and your fingerprints will be taken, also they will do stamp on the appointment document.
- Ask security to give the UK VISA required documents and you can go through the document.
- You can send the documents to New York address using this link https://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/ShoppingCart/Pages/Authorization.aspx and they will send you Air waybill. This will be fast but little expensive ($50). With one bill they can send four applicants documents together.
- Normally, it takes 15 days for UK consulate to process your document. And UK consulate only works from Monday to Friday. So, ensure you send the documents ahead to avoid last minute travel plan changes.
- Direct Air side transit VISA valid up to SIX months and in the UK. If you want to visit the UK, then take visitor VISA and that will cost you $96 per person.
Required Documents For UK Visa Application
- Visa application form
- Fingerprints stamped document (from USCIS)
- Valid original and duplicate US legal documents
- One recent 2 x 2 passport type photograph
- Bank statements
- Kid birth certificate (original and copies), if you are traveling with your kids.
- Valid Passports
NOTE: Apply for a Visitor in Transit visa if you’ll be going through UK border control but leaving the UK within 48 hours. You’ll need to apply for a Standard Visitor visa if: you need to stay longer in the UK. you can prove you need to frequently pass through the UK over a longer period.
If this information was useful for you, please don’t forget to share it with your family and friends through your favorite social networks. it would mean a lot to them.