The UNSCC Online Learning Internship Program 2018 is open for interested applicant. The UNSSC’s Knowledge Centre for Leadership and Management (KCLM) is seeking an intern to join the dynamic team that designs, develops, implements and evaluates leadership and management training programmes for UN middle and senior managers.
Every selected intern will apply her/his skills in instructional design and educational technology, and gain an understanding of the UN work and the development of learning programmes for the UN audience. Furthermore, they will report to the Course Coordinator and contribute to the design, development, coordination, and evaluation of these learning programmes.
At the end of the internship period, a written evaluation of the intern’s performance will be prepared and a meeting will be organized with the intern to provide feedback. Upon completion of the Internship programme, the candidate will be provided with a certificate of attendance.
UNSCC Online Learning Internship Program 2018 Eligibility
- Applicants can be considered if they meet one of the following:
- Are enrolled in a Master’s or in a Ph.D. programme; or
- Are enrolled in the final year of a Bachelor’s programme; or
- Are within one year after graduation from a Bachelor’s, Master’s or Ph.D. programme in instructional design, educational technology, adult education, communication, data visualization, media production, programme evaluation or other related areas from an accredited college or university
- Previous work experience is not required. Previous experience in Moodle or other LMS is an
asset. Portfolio or evidence of skills is highly desirable
- Fluency (written and oral) in English. Fluency in another UN official language is an asset
- Excellent computer skills in the Microsoft Office suite. Familiarity with online learning and social media tools. Video editing experience is an asset.
Other Skills and Competencies.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- High motivation, with a desire to learn and grow professionally
- Take initiatives and follow a project independently
- Ability to work in a multicultural, multi-ethnic environment and to maintain effective working relations with people of different national and cultural backgrounds
How to Apply For UNSCC Online Learning Internship Program 2018
Candidates interested in doing an internship at the United Nations System Staff College must submit in English:
- An up-to-date curriculum vitae (resume);
- A motivation letter;
- For applicants who are currently enrolled in a degree programme, an endorsement from their University or Sponsoring Institution is required;
- A portfolio of previous work achievements related to your major field would be highly desirable, though not required. (e.g. video production samples, media coverage of projects, papers etc)
Applications should be submitted by e-mail to email@example.com or by fax: (0039) 011 65359 02.
Application Deadline: June 14, 2018.
Specifically, the intern will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Participate in the design of digital products
- Assist resource persons on how to use technology and better conduct online courses
- Publish and update content on UNSSC learning platform (Moodle)
- Explore and test new tools to extend the features of Moodle
- Design questionnaires to measure learning the impact
- Collect and analyze learning analytics, compile and visualize data, and code qualitative data
- Produce video and multimedia content for marketing and learning purposes
- Organize webinars for participants while coordinating with professors and content experts
- Assist with administrative tasks as required
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor
Interns who are not financially supported by other institutions shall receive a stipend from UNSSC intended to assist in covering basic subsistence costs. The monthly amount of the stipend is fixed at €450. No other payment of any kind shall be made to an intern by UNSSC in connection with an internship agreement.