Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships for International Students
This scholarship program is launched by the Canadian Government to create a center of attention for world-class doctoral students and establish Canada as a global centre of excellence in research and higher learning. Every year, about 167 scholarships are awarded to candidate from across the world.
This opportunity is open for graduate studies in the social sciences and/or humanities, natural sciences and/or engineering and health.
RELATED: Google Business Internship Scholarship
More About Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships
The Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships worth $50,000 annually for a period of 3 years which is non-renewable. Meanwhile, Scholarships are provided to study any of the courses offered by the Canadian universities, of which are available for candidates pursuing their Ph.D. at Canadian universities.
How To Be Eligible For Canadian Government Scholarships
In other to be considered for a Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships, applicants must:
- Be a Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada or an international citizens.
- Applicants must be pursuing their first doctoral degree (including joint undergraduate/graduate research program such as MD/Ph.D., DVM/Ph.D., JD/PhD).
- Must not have completed more than 20 months of doctoral studies as of May 1, 2017.
- Candidates should not hold, or have held, a doctoral-level scholarship or fellowship from CIHR, NSERC or SSHRC to undertake or complete a doctoral degree.
- Applicants must possess their previous degree.
- Any applicant from outside Canada will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements.
RELATED: Bill Gate Scholarship to Study in UK
How You Can Apply For Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships
The only mode of applying for the scholarship is through Online Application.
Click here to Start the Online Application
As from November, applicants can seek a nominating institution, prepare and submit the application package.
November 2, 2016 (20:00 ET) is the deadline for institutions to submit nominations to the Vanier CGS program.
November 2016: March 2017: Review of nominations.
March 30, 2017: Results released.
May 1, 2017, September 1, 2017 or January 1, 2018: Payments begin.